Bossypants

Bossypants - I am doing a challenge where you read some books that won the Goodreads 2011 Award or runnerups. I picked this book, because it sounded funny and I had heard of Tina Fey, but had never heard her. I have never watched 30 Rock or SNL so I thought this book would be a good introduction to her."From her youthful days as a vicious nerd to her tour of duty on Saturday Night Live; from her passionately halfhearted pursuit of physical beauty to her life as a mother eating things off the floor; from her one-sided college romance to her nearly fatal honeymoon."I started to read this book and found it not at all funny. I thought that Tina Fey was a comedian? This book was full of Ms. Fey’s obsessions with Homosexuality and her racist jokes, feelings and put downs. I am conservative, I find humor in my beliefs and I laugh at myself; but Ms. Fey goes out of her way to be rude, crude and just plain vulgar. Maybe she thought that if she acts like a sailor that people would enjoy it? I didn’t enjoy her brand of humor and I didn’t once laugh. She filled it up with a judgmental and sexist belief and made me wonder what people see in her.