Hatchet (Brian's Saga Series #1)

Hatchet (Brian's Saga Series #1) - Hatchet was written by Gary Paulson. It is about a boy, named Brian, who goes to see his dad in Canada but things go wrong on the way. He is in a small plane when the pilot has a heart attack and dies. Brian is forced to fly and land the plane after flying the plane for several hours. He has to face the wilderness on his own for a period of time. Some of the problems he faces is getting food from the wilderness and seemingly crazy animals. Although it was a relatively short, easy to read book, it was extremely boring and repetitious. The book does not go into any depth about what Brian did while on his own. All it seemed to concentrate on was his inner dialogue and some of the problems he faced. Brian lost hope way too quickly for my liking and he also seemed to sharpen his senses to an unbelievable amount. The time changes were extremely abrupt and hopped around way too much. I would have enjoyed a little more of the internal growth of a boy to a man. I would also have loved better details about his 54 days marooned.