We Bought a Zoo: The Amazing True Story of a Young Family, a Broken Down Zoo, and the 200 Wild Animals That Change Their Lives Forever - Benjamin Mee While I basically liked this book, I did have several problems with it. The author would (frequently) say something like "but more on that later" but then Mr. Mee never returned to the subject. This happened frequently towards the end of the book. I hated this aspect of the book. Another issue, I had problems with Mr. Mee going on about money complaints and dealings with back room boys and others. He was beating a dead horse with some of his story. It was like he was trying to think of what to write and just didn't have enough to make a complete book. I would have enjoyed hearing more about the animals and the daily life of what it is like to own a Zoo. Come on, who wouldn't have loved to own a Zoo? Mr. Mee made it extremely boring.